|Autors: Spasova, M. L., Angelov, G. V., Hristov, M. H.|
Title: Simulation of 1T DRAM Memory Cell with Verilog-A Model of CNTFET in Cadence
Keywords: Carbon nanotubes, CNTFET, 1T DRAM, compact model, circuit simulation
Abstract: Carbon nanotubes are promising materials for the nanoscale memory devices. A Verilog-A formulation of the Stanford compact model for CNTFET is used for simulation of 1T DRAM cell in Cadence Spectre circuit simulator. Read and write operations of the 1T DRAM circuit with CNTFET are compared to the memory circuit with standard nmos4 transistor from 0.35 m CMOS design kit of AMS. The analysis showed that CNTFET is applicable to 1T DRAM memory cell and CNTFET memory cell has better performance compared to the standard MOSFET.
- K. Bernstein, C.-T. Chuang, R.V. Joshi, and R. Puri, “Design and CAD challenges in sub-90 nm CMOS technologies,” Proc. Int. Conf. Computer-Aided Design, pp. 129–136, Nov. 2003.
- R. Saito, G. Dresselhaus, and M. Dresselhaus, Physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes, Impreial College Press, 1998.
- P. L. McEuen, M. S. Fuhrer, and Park Hongkun, "Single-walled carbon nanotubeelectronics," IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 78-85,2002.
- R. Martel, T. Schmidt, H. R. Shea, T. Hertel, and P. Avouris, "Single- and multi-wall carbon nanotube field-effect transistors," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 73, pp. 2447-2449, 1998.
- H. Yoshioka, N. Morioka, J. Suda, T. Kimoto “Mobility oscillation by one-dimensional quantum confinement in Si- nano-wire metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistors”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 106, Iss. 3, pp. 034312-034312-6, 2009.
- W. Xua, A. Chinb, L. Yeb, C. Ninga, H. Yua ,“Electrical and optical characterization of individual GaSb nanowires”, Proc. of SPIE, Vol. 7224, pp. 72240G-72240G-7, 2009.
- A. Wingfield, “Fabrication of a Gallium Nitride Nano-Field Effect Transistor”, 2010 NNIN REU Research Accomplishments, pp. 80-81, 2010.
- Seung H. Ko, I. Park, H. Pan, N. Misra, M. Rogers, C. Grigoropoulos, A. Pisano: “ZnO nanowire network transistor fabrication on a polymer substrate by low-temperature, all-inorganic nanoparticle solution process”, Applied Physics Letters Vol. 92, Iss. 15, pp. 154102-154102-3, 2008.
- T.-J. King, “FinFETs for nanoscale CMOS digital integrated circuits,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Computer-Aided Design, pp. 207–210, Nov. 2005.
- S. J. Tans, A. R. M. Verschueren, and C. Dekker, "Room-temperature transistor based on a single carbon nanotube," Nature, Vol. 393, pp. 49-52, 1998.
- "International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors," http://www.itrs.net/
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, Phaedon Avouris, Carbon Nanotubes: Synthesis, Structure, Properties, and Applications, Springer, 2001. ISBN 9783540410867
- A. Javey, J. Guo, Q. Wang, M. Lundstrom, H. J. Dai, "Ballistic carbon nanotube field-effect transistors," Nature, Vol. 424, pp. 654-657, 2003.
- P. Avouris, "Molecular electronics with carbon nanotubes," Acc Chem Res, Vol. 35, pp. 1026-34, 2002.
- Yuegang. Zhang, “Carbon nanotube based nonvolatile memory devices”, International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, Vol. 16, Iss. 04, pp. 959-975, 2006.
- P. Xuan, M. She, B. Harteneck, A. Liddle, J. Bokor, T.-J. King, "FinFET SONOS flash memory for embedded applications," IEDM '03 Technical Digest, pp. 26.4.1-26.4.4, 2003
- J. Deng, H.-S. P. Wong, A Compact SPICE Model for Carbon-Nanotube Field-Effect Transistors Including Nonidealities and Its Application – Part I: Model of the Intrinsic Channel Region, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol 54, pp. 3186-3194, 2007.
- J. Deng, H.-S. P. Wong, A Compact SPICE Model for Carbon-Nanotube Field-Effect Transistors Including Nonidealities and Its Application – Part II: Full Device Model and Circuit Performance Benchmarking, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 54, pp. 3195-3205, 2007.
- M. Spasova, G. Angelov, M. Hristov: “Design of 1T DRAM Memory Cell Using Verilog-A Model of High-k MOS Capacitor in Cadence”, Annual Journal of Electronics, Vol.5, No. 2, pp. 135-138, 2011.
- Stanford University CNFET Model http://nano.stanford.edu/lic_stan_cnt_hp.htm
|Annual J. of Electronics, vol. 6, issue 2, 2012, Bulgaria, TU-Sofia, ISSN 1314-0078|
Full text of the publication