|Autors: Stoykova, E. V., Deneva, M. A., Nenchev, M. N.|
Title: Analysis of Fizeau wedge with a non-air gap by plane wave expansion”, CCC code: 0277-786X/19/$21
Keywords: Fizeau wedge, plane wave expansion, fringe pattern, transmission
Abstract: The optical interferential wedge or Fizeau wedge (FW) is a useful optical element with various applications in optical metrology, spectroscopy and laser technique. Various FW applications require knowledge of its response to illumination by a laser beam with an arbitrary wavefront. Recently, we applied the plane wave expansion method to study transmission and reflection of an air-gap FW under illumination with a Gaussian beam. The approach is based on the angular spectrum of the beam and the known FW response to illumination with a plane wave. In this study, we adapt this approach for the more general and more frequently encountered case of a FW with a non-air gap. We developed an approximate algorithm, which is applicable at small incidence angles to wedges with refractive indices different from 1 and illuminating beams with arbitrary amplitude and phase distributions. Comparison to the experiment is also provided.
- Born, M. and Wolf, E. [Principles of Optics], Cambridge University Press (1999)
- Kajava, T. , Lauranto, H. and Saloma, R., “Fizeau interferometer in spectral measurements,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B10, 1980–1989 (1993).
- Belmonte A. and Lázaro, A., “Measurement uncertainty analysis in incoherent Doppler lidars by a new scattering approach,”. Opt. Express 14, 7699-7708 (2006).
- Kumar, Y. and Chatterjee, S., “Simultaneous measurement of refractive index and wedge angle of optical windows using Fizeau interferometry and a cyclic path optical configuration,” Appl.Opt. 48 (24), 4756-4761 (2009).
- Siddique, M., Yang, S., Li, Z. and Li, P., “Fizeau interferometery for THz-waves' frequency and intensity measurement,” J. Beijing Institute of Technology 16(3), 0437 (2007).
- Nenchev, M.N. and Meyer, Y.H., “Two-wavelength dye-laser operation using a reflecting Fizeau interferometer,”. Appl. Phys. 24, 7-9 (1981).
- Nenchev, M. and Stoykova, E., “Interference wedge properties relevant to laser applications: transmission and reflection of the restricted light beams,” Opt. Quant. Electron. 25, 789-799 (1993).
- Stoykova, E. and Nenchev, M., “Fizeau wedge with unequal mirrors for spectral control and coupling in a linear laser oscillator-amplifier system,” Appl.Optics. 40 (27), 5402-5411 (2001). (2007).
- Stoykova, E., “Transmission of a Gaussian beam by a Fizeau interferential wedge,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 22, 2756-2765 (2005).
- Stoykova, E. and Nenchev, M., “Gaussian beam interaction with air-gap Fizeau wedge,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. 27, 58-68 (2010).
|SPIE, vol. 11207, pp. 112071V-1-6, 2019, United States, The International Society for Optics and Photonics, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2527464|
Copyright © (2019) COPYRIGHT Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE).
Full text of the publication