|Autors: Punov, P. B.|
Title: Experimental study of exhaust gas parameters on a diesel engine in stationary operating mode
Keywords: diesel engine, exhaust gases, experimental test, waste heat recovery
Abstract: In this paper an experimental study of exhaust gas parameters of a modern diesel engine is presented. The engine under study is developed for passenger car. It was used a flexible engine management system based on National Instruments real-time controller and LabVIEW code. However, basic settings of the engine calibration values were used over the test. The engine was tested at seventeen operating points which correspond to real operating mode in NEDC of the vehicle. In order to define the engine speed and load a vehicle driving model was used. Finally, exhaust mass flow and temperature were studied as well as exhaust enthalpy was estimated. The results revealed that waste heat recovery system can be applied in order to reduce fuel consumption in NEDC.
- R. Daccord, J. Melis, T. Kientz, A. Darmedru, R. Pireyre, N. Brisseau, et al., "Exhaust Heat Recovery with Rankine piston expander," in ICE Powertrain Electrification & Energy Recovery, Rueil-Malmaison, 2013.
- Milkov N., Punov, P. B, Evtimov T., Descombes G., Podevin P., 2014,Scientific Conference BulTrans-2014: Energy and exergy analysis of an automotive direct injection diesel engine, Sozopol, Bulgaria, pp. 149-154
- H. G. Zhang, E. H. Wang, and B. Y. Fan, "A performance analysis of a novel system of a dual loop bottoming organic Rankine cycle (ORC) with a light-duty diesel engine," Applied Energy, vol. 102, pp. 1504-1513, 2// 2013.
- A. M. K. P. Taylor, "Science review of internal combustion engines," Energy Policy, vol. 36, pp. 4657-4667, 12// 2008.
- Punov, P. B, Lacour, S., Perilhon, C., Podevin, P., Descombes, G., Evtimov, T., 2015,Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering: Numerical study of the waste heat recovery potential of exhaust gas on a tractor engine, , United Kingdom, pp.
- Y. Glavatskaya, P. Podevin, V. Lemort, O. Shonda, and G. Descombes, "Reciprocating Expander for an Exhaust Heat Recovery Rankine Cycle for a Passenger Car Application," Energies, vol. 5, pp. 1751-1765, 2012.
- Punov, P. B, 2015,BulTrans-2015: Research the fuel injection characteristics of a common-rail solenoid injector, Sozopol, Bulgaria, pp. 153-158
- Punov, P. B, Evtimov, T., Milkov, N., Descombes, G., Podevin, P., 2015,The 28th international conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental impact of energy systems - ECOS 2015: Impact of Rankine cycle WHR on passenger car engine fuel consumption under various operating conditions, Pau, France, pp. 1-13
|International Scientific Journal Machines, Technologies, Materials, vol. 10, issue 3, pp. 10-13, 2016, Bulgaria, Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry 4.0, ISSN 1313-0226|
Copyright Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry 4.0
Full text of the publication