|Autors: Brusev, T. S.|
Title: Design of Two-Phase Switching-Mode Concerter for Communication Applications with Cadence on CMOS 0.35 µm Technology
Keywords: two-phase switching-mode dc-dc converter, CMOS technology, Cadence
Abstract: The electronic and communication technologies have developed rapidly in the last years. This leads to the fast growing market of the battery powered portable wireless communication devices, such like mobile phones, tablets and others. Design and implementation of proper power supply circuits can help to increase the system run-time using more effectively battery’s energy. In this is presented two-phase switching-mode interleaved dc-dc converter designed on CMOS 0.35 μm technology with Cadence. Two different types of control respectively pulse-width modulation (PWM) and hysteresis control method have been investigated. The received results prove the applicability of two-phase switching-mode dc-dc converter for wireless communication applications.
- M. Hassan, Wideband high efficiency CMOS envelope amplifiers for 4G LTE handset envelope tracking RF power amplifiers, University of California, San Diego, 2012
- V. Pinon, F. Hasbani, A. Giry, D. Pache, and C. Gamier, "A single-chip WCDMA envelope reconstruction LDMOS PA with 130MHz switched-mode power supply, in IEEE Int. Solid-State Circuits Conf. (ISSCC), San Francisco, CA, 2008, pp. 564-636.
- D. Kim, D. Kang, J. Choi, J. Kim, Y. Cho, B. Kim, Optimization for envelope shaped operation of envelope tracking power amplifier, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol.59, no.7, pp.1787-1795, July 2011
- Y. Li, J Lopez, D.Y.C. Lie, K. Chen, S. Wu, Tzu-Yi Yang, Gin-Kou Ma, Circuits and System Design of RF Polar Transmitters Using Envelope-Tracking and SiGe Power Amplifiers for Mobile WiMAX, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol.58, no.5, pp.893-901, May 2011
- M. Hassan, L. Larson, V. Leung, and P. Asbeck, A Combined Series-Parallel Hybrid Envelope Amplifier for Envelope Tracking Mobile Terminal RF Power Amplifier Applications, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol.47, no.5, pp.1185-1198, May 2012.
- J. Sankman, M. K. Song, and D. Ma, A 40-MHz 85.8%-Peak-Efficiency Switching-Converter-Only Dual-Phase Envelope Modulator for 2-W 10-MHz LTE Power Amplifier, Symposium on VLSI Circuits Digest of Technical Papers, June 2014
- G. Zhu, B. McDonald, and K. Wang, Modeling and analysis of coupled inductors in power converters, IEEE Transactions Power Electronics, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 1355-1363, May 2011.
- Lee J. P., H. Cha, D. Shin, K. J. Lee, D. W. Yoo, and J. Y. Yoo, Analysis and Design of Coupled Inductors for Two-Phase Interleaved DC-DC Converters, Journal of Power Electronics, Volume 13, No. 3, May 2013, pp. 339-348.
- C. F. Lee and P. Mok, A monolithic Current-Mode CMOS DC-DC Converter With On-Chip Current Sensing Technique, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 39, No.1, pp. 3-14, 2004.
- F. Wang, D. Kimball, D. Lie, P. Asbeck, L. Larson, A Monolithic High-Efficiency 2.4-GHz 20-dBm SiGe BiCMOS Envelope-Tracking OFDM Power Amplifier, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol.42, no.6, pp.1271-1281, June 2007
|Proceedings of the Technical University of Sofia, vol. 65, issue 2, pp. 67 - 76, 2015, Bulgaria, ISSN 1311-0829|
Full text of the publication