|Autors: Dimitrov V., Pavlov, N. L.|
Title: Study of the Starting Acceleration and Regenerative Braking Deceleration of an Electric Vehicle at Different Driving Modes
Keywords: electric vehicle, regenerative braking, driving mode
Abstract: This paper presents the results of studies of accelerations at start-up and deceleration at regenerative braking of an electric vehicle when choosing different driving modes. Four driving profiles have been studied in drive mode - Standard mode, Eco, Eco+ and Emergency mode. There are different limits on the power of the electrical drive at different modes that reflects on the values of acceleration and maximum speed of the electric vehicle. At regenerative braking, five regenerative braking modes have been tested - D, D1, D2, D3 and B. The driving and regenerative braking modes can be selected by the driver depending on his wishes, with the exception of the emergency mode, which automatically switches on when the battery is highly discharged. In this case, the control system significantly reduces the available power to provide a greater mileage to reach the charging station. Tests have been performed in real traffic conditions and the results are presented in graphical form.
- H. Wallentowitz, Lecture Longitudinal Dynamics of Vehicles, 4th ed., Aachen, 2004.
- M. Brenna, F. Foiadelli and D. Zaninelli, Electrical Railway Transportation Systems, IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering, Hoboken, NJ, USA, Wiley, 2018.
- E. Dimitrova, “Analysis of Automatic Control Systems for Metro Trains,” 11th Electrical Engineering Faculty Conference (BulEF), IEEEXplore Digital Library, 10.1109/BulEF48056.2019.9030782, 2019.
- The e-up! SSP VW 527, 2014.
- The e-up! Running gear and power transmission. SSP VW 529, 2013.
- I. Petrov, Optimised Traction Drives of Electric Vehicles, Proceedings of Technical University of Sofia, vol. 66(1), pp. 101–110, 2016 (In Bulgarian) И. Петров, Оптимизирани тягови задвижвания на електрически транспортни средства. Годишник на ТУ - София, т. 66, кн. 1, 2016.
- N. Pavlov, V. Dimitrov, “Study on the process of acceleration of an electric vehicle,” MTC Journal, vol. 18, 3(2), 2020, paper 2030. (In Bulgarian) Н. Павлов, В. Димитров, “Изследване на процеса на ускоряване на електромобил,” Механика, транспорт, комуникации, 18, 3(2), 2020.
- S. Dimitrov, Course work manual on theory of the automobile. Sofia: Publishing House of Technical University of Sofia, 2015. (In Bulgarian) Димитров С., Ръководство за курсова работа по теория на автомобила, Издателство на Технически университет - София, 2015.
- N. Pavlov, V. Dimitrov, B. Gigov, “Study on regenerative braking modes of a small electric car,” BulTrans Proceedings, 2020, pp. 113–119. (In Bulgarian) Н. Павлов, В. Димитров, Б. Гигов, “Изследване на режимите на регенеративно спиране на малък електромобил,” БулТранс - Сборник с доклади, 2020.
- P. Bogdanov, P. Ilarionov, Automotive recuperators, Sofia, Tehnika, 1985. (In Bulgarian) П. Богданов, П. Иларионов, Автомобилни рекуператори, София, Техника, 1985.
- W. Liu, H. Qi, X. Liu, et al., “Evaluation of regenerative braking based on single-pedal control for electric vehicles,” Front. Mech. Eng. 15, pp. 166–179, 2020.
- F. Sugimoto, M. Kimura, Y. Takeda, M. Akamatsu, S. Kitazaki, K. Yajima, Y. Miki, “Effects of one-pedal automobile operation on the driver's emotional state and cognitive workload,” Applied Ergonomics, vol. 88, 103179, 2020.
- S. Rachev, G. Ivanova, “Achievement of maximum energy efficiency through vector control of induction motor electric drive,” IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 1032, 012028, 2021.
- H. He, C. Wang, H. Jia, X. Cui, “An intelligent braking system composed single-pedal and multi-objective optimization neural network braking control strategies for electric vehicle,” Applied Energy, vol. 259, 114172, 2020.
|13th Electrical Engineering Faculty Conference (BulEF), pp. 1-4, 2021, Bulgaria, IEEE, DOI 10.1109/BulEF53491.2021.9690780|