|Autors: Sabev, S. T., Kasabov P.|
Title: The Effect of Feed Rate and Cutting Speed to Surface Roughness during hole boring of Aluminum with anti-vibration boring bar
Keywords: anti-vibration, boring bar, DOE, lathe
Abstract: This study is focusing on the experimental investigation of the effects of cutting parameters on surface roughness during hole boring of 8062 aluminums with anti-vibration boring bar on lathe. Several experiments were conducted with different cutting conditions. Based on the results and using “Minitab 19” software, a mathematic model was made to predict the surface quality in connection with different cutting conditions. Finally, an experiment analysis was carried out to verify the analytical results.
- David J. Whitehouse, Surfaces and Their Measurement. Book • 2002 https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-1-903996-01-0.X5000-2
- ] Zurita-HurtadoO. J., Di Graci-TiralongoV. C., & Capace-AguirreM. C. (2017). Effect of surface hardness and roughness produced by turning on the torsion mechanical properties of annealed AISI 1020 steel. Revista Facultad De Ingeniería Universidad De Antioquia, (84), 55-59. https://doi.org/10.17533/udea.redin.n84a07
- Kumar NS, Shetty A, Shetty A, Ananth K, Shetty H (2012) Effect of spindle speed and feed rate on surface roughness of Carbon Steels in CNC turning. Procedia Engineering 38: 691-697. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.06.087
- ] J.D. ThieleandS.N. Melkote,“Effect of cutting edge geometry and work-piece hardness on surface generation in the finish hard turning of AISI 52100 steel,”Journal of MaterialsProcessing Technology, vol. 94, 1999, pp. 216-226.
- W.Chen, “Cutting forces and surface finish when machining mediumhardness steel using CBN tools,” International Journal of Machine Tools Manufacturing, vol. 40, 2000, pp. 455-466.
- S.M. Darwish,“Theimpact of the tool material and the cutting parameters on surface roughness of supermet 718 nickel superalloy,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology,Vol. 97, 2000, pp. 10-18.
- Samya Dahbi, Haj El Moussami, Latifa Ezzine. Optimization of turning parameters for surface rough-ness. Xème Conférence Internationale: Conception et Production Intégrées, Dec 2015, Tanger. https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01260818
- M. Nurhaniza, M. K. A. M. Ariffin, F. Mustapha, B. T. H. T. Baharudin, "Analyzing the Effect of Machining Parameters Setting to the Surface Roughness during End Milling of CFRP-Aluminium Composite Laminates", International Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, vol. 2016, Article ID 4680380, 9 pages, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/4680380
- C. Rao, D. Rao, P. Srihari Influence of cutting parameters on cutting force and surface finish in turning operation Procedia Eng., 64 (2013), pp. 1405 1415 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2013.09.222
|Environment. Technology. Resources. Rezekne, Latvia Proceedings of the 13 th International Scientific and Practical Conference. Volume 3, pp. 314-318, 2021, Latvia, ISSN 2256-070X|
Full text of the publication