|Autors: Hadzhiev, I. S.|
Title: Analysis of the Influence of Some Factors on the Electric and Thermal Field of a Power Distribution Block
Keywords: contact resistance, electric field, FEM, PDB, thermal field
Abstract: Numerical analyses considering the influence of the contact resistance and the type of material of the conductive elements in a closed low voltage distribution block are carried out for the electric and thermal field of the block. A 3D model of the block in the software product COMSOL has been used to conduct the analyses. Results, related to the distribution of the electric and thermal field at increased contact resistance and when using conductive elements made of copper or aluminum have been got.
- TD installations, Terminal blocks, issue 6, December 2013, pp. 21-23, (in Bulgarian).
- ABB, Distribution terminal blocks, [https://new.abb.com/lowvoltage/ products/connection-devices/solution-series/terminalblocks/ dbl] - 12.09.2019.
- EATON, Power distribution blocks, [https://www.eaton.com/us/enus/ site-search.searchTerm$distribution%20block.tabs$all.html] - 12.09.2019.
- IEC 60947-7-1:2009 Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 7-1: Ancillary equipment - Terminal blocks for copper conductors.
- G. Pizzi, Switchboard terminal block, Patent № US 8,517,758 B2, Aug. 27, 2013.
- D. Akuta, Terminal block and method of molding it, Patent № US 8,622,772 B2, Jan. 7, 2014.
- B. Joseph et al., Power terminal block, Patent № US 8,764,494 B2, Jul. 1, 2014.
- I. Hadzhiev, D. Malamov, I. Balabozov, and I. Yatchev, “Numerical analysis and experimental study of the thermal field in a power distribution block,” ISEF 2019, Nancy, France, August 2019, in press.
|International Conference on High Technology for Sustainable Development, HiTech 2019, pp. 1-4, 2019, Bulgaria, IEEE, DOI 10.1109/HiTech48507.2019.9128270|