|Autors: Deneva, M. A., Uzunova, P., Kaimakanova, N., Atanasov, D., Ivanov, N., Nenchev, M., Stoykova, E., Petrov, P.|
Title: "Interference wedged structures as high efficient optical beam splitters – development and simple practical realization"
Keywords: interference wedged structure, beam splitter
Abstract: Having essential experience and results, concerning Interference Wedged Structures
(IWS), we have developed and practically realized optical beam splitter elements as suitably built variants of IWS. The principle of action, theoretical treatment, including computer simulation for optimization is briefly discussed. As an essential point, the technological approach for practical realization of simplest applicable Interference Wedged Based Splitters (IWBS), are carried out. The splitters are built as compact thin flat and plane, practically – sheet-like, elements with dimensions e.g. ~ 4 x 3 x 0.2 cm. They present advantages as: smooth and linear varying the power ratio between the formed beams by simple sliding of the splitter in its plane; keeping the direction of propagation of the formed beams during the control of their variations; very small losses in splitting (theoretically ~5 %); work with high power
incident beams (kW/cm2 and more for CW and MW/cm2 for ns pulses beams).
- Demtreder W., 2008 Laser spectroscopy, Springer, 4th ed.
- Kajava T, Lauranto H and Saloma R 1993 Fizeau interferometer in spectral measurements, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B10, pp 1980 – 1989.
- Stoykova, E and Nenchev M 2010, Gaussian Beam Interaction with Air-gap Fizeau Wedge, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 27, pp 58-68 and the literature cited therein
- Siddique M, Yang S, Li Z, Li P 2007 Fizeau interferometery for THz-waves' frequency and intensity measurement, J. Beijing Institute of Technology 16(3), pp 326-329
- Kumar Y and Chatterjee S 2009 Simultaneous measurement of refractive index and wedge angle of optical windows using Fizeau interferometry and a cyclic path optical configuration Applied Optics 48(24), pp 4756-4761
- Nenchev M. N and Meyer Y H 1981 Two-wavelength dye-laser operation using a reflecting Fizeau interferometer Applied Physics 24, pp 7-9; 1984 Laser tuning with combined system of Interference wedges, Proc. SPIE 473, p 181
- Deneva M, Uzunova P, Nenchev M 2007 Tunable subnanosecond laser pulse generation using an active mirror concept Optcal and Quantum Electronics 27(39), pp 193-212
- Stoykova E and Nenchev M 2001 Fizeau wedge with unequal mirrors for spectral control and coupling in a linear laser oscillator-amplifier system Aplied Optics 40 pp275402-5411 and the literature cited therein
- Nenchev M N and Meyer Y H Continuous-scanning system for single-mode wedge dye lasers, Optics Letters 7(5):199-200 , DOI: 10.1364/OL.7.000199
- Nenchev M, Stoykova E and Deneva M 2018 Composite wavelength tunable wedged interference structures with increased free spectral range Optical and Quantum Electronics 50(12) DOI: 10.1007/s11082-018-1668-9
- Deneva M, Nenchve M and Stoykova E 2019 Interference wedged structures as light beam splitting elements Proc. of SPIE Vol. 11047, 110471G, CCC code: 0277-786X/19/$18, doi: 10.1117/12.2516696
- RP Photonics Encyclopedia, https://www.rp-photonics.com/beam_splitters.html
- Turner M D, Saba M, Zhang Q, Cumming B P, Schröder-Turk G E and Gu M 2013 Miniature chiral beamsplitter based on gyroid photonic crystals Nature Photonics 7, pp 801–805
- Nenchev M, Deneva M and Stoykova E 2019 Competitive light wavelength division multiplexing element based on tunable interference wedged structures Proc. of SPIE Vol. 11047, 110471F, CCC code: 0277-786X/19/$18, doi: 10.1117/12.2516698
- Beers Y 1974 The Theory of the Optical Wedge Beam Splitter, U.S. Government Printing Office Washington, Nat. Bur. Stand. (U.S.), NBS Monogr. 146, 31 pages
|IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 618, pp. 012016, 2019, Bulgaria, Published under licence by IOP Publishing Ltd., doi:10.1088/issn.1757-899X Online ISSN: 1757-899X, Print ISSN: 1757-8981|
Copyright IOP Publishing, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering
Full text of the publication