|Autors: Blagoeva, B., Stoykova, E., Nenchev, M., Deneva, M. A.|
Title: "Optimization of Fizeau Wedge Controllable Transmission"
Keywords: Interferometers, Fizeau wedge, beam splitter
Abstract: The paper presents analysis of the response in transmission for Fizeau interferential wedge in order to use this optical element as a beam splitter with a controllable ratio between the transmitted and the incident power. The wedge is formed by two highly reflecting flat surfaces inclined at a small angle. The power control is achieved by translation of the wedge along its surface. By using an angular spectrum approach for finding the distribution of the transmitted intensity, we have shown that reflectivity of the coatings and the wedge apex angle affect strongly the value of the displacement required for achieving a given change in the transmitted power. The experiments confirm the theoretical predictions.
- Belmonte A. and Lázaro A., 2006. Measurement uncertainty analysis in incoherent Doppler lidars by a new scattering approach, Opt. Express 14, 7699-7708.
- Born M. and Wolf E., 1999. Principles of Optics, 6th edn, Elsevier, 836 pp.
- Demtroeder W., 2008. Laser spectroscopy, 4th edn, Springer.
- Deneva M., Uzunova P. and Nenchev M., 2007. Tunable subnanosecond laser pulse generation using an active mirror concept, Opt. Quant. Electron. 27(39), 193-212.
- Deneva M., Nenchev M. and Stoykova E., 2018. Interference wedge structures as light beam splitting elements, accepted for publication in Proc. SPIE.
- Kajava T., Lauranto H. and Saloma R., 1993. Fizeau interferometer in spectral measure-ments, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 10, 1980-1989.
- Kumar Y. and Chatterjee S., 2009. Simultaneous measurement of refractive index and wedge angle of optical windows using Fizeau interferometry and a cyclic path optical configuration, Appl. Opt. 48 (24), 4756-4761.
- Nenchev M., Stoykova E. and Deneva M., 2018. Composite wavelength tunable wedged interference structures with increased free spectral range, Opt. Quant. Electron. 50, 433-439.
- Stoykova E. and Nenchev M., 2010. Gaussian Beam Interaction with Air-gap Fizeau Wedge, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 27, 58-68.
|Journal of Physics and Technology, vol. 3, issue 1, pp. 8-13, 2019, Bulgaria, Университетско издателство „Паисий Хилендарски“, https://press.uni-plovdiv.net, ISBN ISSN 2535-0536|
Copyright Journal of Physics and Technology
Full text of the publication