|Autors: Deneva, M. A., Nenchev, M., Stoykova, E.|
Title: "Combined implementation of controllable beam splitting and wavelength division multiplexing using tunable interference wedged structures”
Keywords: beam splitting; WDM, wedged interference structure, optical fiber communications
Abstract: The focus is on development and implementation of competitive optical elements based on tunable interference wedged structures. The structure can be single interference wedge or composition of superimposed wedged layers. We used the structures to build new wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) element and realized coupling of the elements with fiber optical system that is of essential interest for optical communications. Under illumination with multi-wavelengths beam, the composed WDM structure in the fiber system provides precisely controllable wavelength selection (resolution better than 0.01 nm) within a range of > 15 nm and with controlled continuously variable transitivity from 1-3 to 80%. The non-transmitted power with the non-selected and completely reflected light is directed to the next output (theoretical loss of the system ~ 5 %). The WDM-structure has completely independent spectral selection of each output/input without influence between the tuning of the channels.
- Huang, W. H., Amitai, Y., Friesem A. A., “Formation of a planar coarse wavelength-division multiplexer and demultiplexer with reflection volume phase gratings”, Applied Optics 41(28), 5851-5856 (2002).
- Shechter, R., Friesem, A. A., Amitai, Y., “Compact Wavelength Division Multiplexers and Demultiplexers”, Applied Optics 41(7),1256-61 ( 2002).
- Nenchev, M.N., Meyer, Y.H., “Two-wavelength dye-laser operation using a reflecting Fizeau interferometer”, Appl. Phys. 24,7-9 (1981); “Laser tuning with combined system of Interference wedges,” Proc. SPIE 473, 181(1984).
- Stoykova, E., Nenchev, M., “Gaussian Beam Interaction with Air-gap Fizeau Wedge”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 27, 58- 68 (2010) and the literature cited therin.
- Stoykova, E., Nenchev, M., “Fizeau wedge with unequal mirrors for spectral control and coupling in a linear laser oscillator-amplifier system”, Apl.Optics. 40, 275402-5411 (2001).
- Deneva, M., Uzunova, P., Nenchev, M., “Tunable subnanosecond laser pulse generation using an active mirror concept,” Opt. Quant. Electron. 27(39), 193-212 (2007).
- Nenchev, M., Stoykova, E., Deneva M., “Composite wavelength tunable wedged interference structures with increased free spectral range”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, 50(12) Article: 433 (2018).
- Demtreder W., [Laser spectroscopy], Springer, 4th Ed. (2008).
- Kajava, T. , Lauranto, H., Saloma, R., “Fizeau interferometer in spectral measurements,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B10, 1980 – 1989 (1993).
- Nenchev, M., Deneva, M., Stoykova, E., “Competitive light wavelength division multiplexing element based on tunable interference wedged structures”, Proc. SPIE. 11047 110471F-1 (2019).
- Deneva, M., Nenchev, M., Stoykova, E., “Interference wedged structures as light beam splitting elements”, Proc. SPIE 11047 110471G-1 (2019).
- Nenchev, M., Stoykova, E., “Interference wedge properties relevant to laser applications: transmission and reflection of the restricted light beams,” Opt. Quant. Electron. 25, 789-799 (1993).
|SPIE, vol. 11029, pp. 110290S-1 - 9, 2019, United States, The International Society for Optics and Photonics, DOI 10.1117/12.2520509|
Copyright © (2019) COPYRIGHT Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE).
Full text of the publication