|Autors: Georgieva, D. A.|
Title: Depolarization of femtosecond pulses in air by nonlinear mechanisms
Keywords: Depolarization, Cubic type nonlinearity, Ultara-short laser pulses
Abstract: In recent experiments in air with femtosecond pulses significant depolarization effects in nonlinear regime were observed. We use the generalized cubic type nonlinearity and investigate how this operator influences the vector field polarization. A vector set of nonlinear differential equations describing the evolution of the main and signal is derived.
The polarization properties of the components of vector fields are investigated numerically.
- Agrawal, G.P., 2006, Nonlinear Fiber Optics, 4th ed., New York, Academic Press Inc.
- Boyd, R.W., 2007, Nonlinear Optics, 3rd ed., New York, Academic Press Inc.
- Dakova, A., Kovachev, L., Dakova, D., Georgieva, D., and Slavchev, V., 2018, Degenerate four-photon parametric processes and vector solitons, Optik, Volume 168, pp. 721–727
- Kosareva, O., Panov, N., Makarov, V., Perezhogin, I., Marceau, C., Chen, Y., Yuan, S., Wang, T., Zeng, H., Savel’ev, A., and Chin, S., 2010, Polarization rotation due to femtosecond filamentation in an atomic gas, Optics Letters, Volume 35(17), pp. 2904-2907
- Georgieva, D., Petrov, T., Yoneda, H., Shikne, R., Nedyalkov, N., and Kovachev, L., 2018, Avalanche parametric conversion and white spectrum generation from infrared femtosecond pulses in glasses, Optics Express, Volume 26(13), pp. 17649-17661
|Proceedings of SPIE The International Society for Optical Engineering, 20th International Conference and School on Quantum Electronics: Laser Physics and Applications, ICSQE 2018, Nessebar, Bulgaria, 17 September 2018 through 21 September 2018, vol. 11047, pp. Article number 110471A, 2019, Bulgaria, SPIE, DOI 10.1117/12.2519307|
Full text of the publication