|Autors: Punov, P. B., Evtimov, T. P.|
Title: Combustion optimization in a modern diesel engine by means of pre-injection strategy
Keywords: diesel engines, direct injection, engine simulation, rate of
Abstract: The article presents a numerical study of pre-injection strategy in order to reduce the rate of heat release and pressure rise in a modern direct injection diesel engine, developed for passenger car. A model of the engine was built in advanced simulation code AVL BOOST. In order to determine the injection rate a supplementary model of the solenoid injector was built in AVL HYDSIM. A study of rate of heat release and pressure rise into combustion chamber was conducted at single operating point. The engine effective power was taken into consideration as well. The results revealed that pre-injection strategy is a promising approach for reducing the rate of heat released and the engine noise at low speed and load. However, a precise control of pre-injected mass and injection timing has to be realised by engine control system.
- Heywood, J.B., Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals. 1988: McGraw-Hill.
- Baumgarten, C., Mixture formation in internal combustion engines. 2006: Springer Science & Business Media.
- Mollenhauer, K., K.G.E. Johnson, and H. Tschöke, Handbook of Diesel Engines. 2010: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Jaipuria, A. and P.A. Lakshminarayanan, Prediction of the Rate of Heat Release of Mixing-Controlled Combustion in a Common-Rail Engine with Pilot and Post Injections. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 2011. 225(2): p. 246-259.
- Merker, G., et al., Simulating Combustion: Simulation of combustion and pollutant formation for engine-development. 2005: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Lakshminarayanan, P.A. and Y.V. Aghav, Modelling Diesel Combustion. 2010: Springer.
- Punov, P. B, 2011,BulTrans-2011: Research influence of multi-pulse pilot injection on combustion heat release and combustion proces in modern diesel engines, Созопол, Bulgaria, pp. 201-204
- Zhao, H., Advanced Direct Injection Combustion Engine Technologies and Development: Diesel engines. 2010: CRC Press.
|International Scientific Journal Machines, Technologies, Materials, vol. 9, issue 4, pp. 41-44, 2015, Bulgaria, Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry 4.0, ISSN 1313-0226|
Copyright Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry 4.0
Full text of the publication