|Autors: Punov, P. B., Evtimov, T. P.|
Title: A modern approach for modeling the combustion process in direct injection diesel engines
Keywords: diesel engine, combustion modelling, direct injection, in-cylinder processes, simulation
Abstract: The article presents a modern approach for studying the combustion process in the DI Diesel engines developed for passenger car. The mixing controlled combustion model has been chosen for estimation the rate of heat released in the combustion chamber as well as the Arrhenius equation was used for ignition delay determination. The injection rate was calculated by means of constant injection pressure as well. Zero dimensional thermodynamic models have been used for estimation the in-cylinder parameters. All of the models were implemented as a computational code in Matlab. Finally, in-cylinder parameters variation such as pressure, temperature, rate of heat released etc., were studied at two engine operating points.
- Heywood J.B., Internal Combustion engine fundamentals. McGraw-Hill International edition, 1988.
- Merker G.P. et all, Simulating combustion, Springer, 2006.
- Ramos J.I., Internal combustion engine modeling, Hemisphere publishing corporation, 1989.
- Chmela F.G. and Orthaber G.C., Rate of heat release prediction for a direct injection diesel engine based on purely mixing controlled combustion. SAE 99010186, 1999.
- Lakshminarayanan P.A and Aghav Y.V., Modelling diesel combustion, Springer, 2010.
- Assanis D.N., Filipi Z.S., Fiveland S.B., Syrimis M., A predictive ignition delay correlation under steady-state and transient operation of a Direct injection Diesel engines. ASME-ICE Fall Technical Conference, 1999.
- Watson N, Pilley A.D., Marzouk M., A combustion correlation for Diesel engine simulation, SAE Paper No. 80029, 1980
- Woschni, G. Die Berechnung der Wandwärmeverluste und der thermischen Belastung der Bauteile von Dieselmotoren, MTZ 31, 491-499, 1970.
|International Scientific Journal Machines, Technologies, Materials, vol. 9, issue 3, pp. 30-34, 2015, Bulgaria, Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry 4.0, ISSN 1313-0226|
Copyright Scientific Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering Industry 4.0
Full text of the publication