|Autors: Punov, P. B., Lacour, S., Perilhon, C., Podevin, P.|
Title: Possibilities of waste heat recovery on tractor engines
Keywords: waste heat recovery, tractor, engine, energy, exergy, engine modeling
Abstract: Tractor engines present significant possibilities of waste heat recovery due to their high power and their operation cycles. The waste heat recovery system based on Rankine cycle seems to be the most effective way of reducing the fuel consumption. Experimental studies of the real working cycles of a tractor engine reveal that such type of engines operate at high load close to the maximum most of the time when the tractors run on the fields. The aim of the article is to evaluate the energy and exergy available at different location points in the exhaust system of the tractor engine. A combination of 1D and 0D approaches is used to build the engine model in the software AVL BOOST. The experimental results such as: fuel consumption, effective power, mass flow, wasted energy in the cooling system, temperature in the exhaust system etc. have been used for calibration of the model. The energy balance of the engine shows that more than 35% of the fuel energy is lost by exhaust gases.
- R. Daccord, J.Melis, T.Kientz, A. Dermedru, R. Pireyre, N. Brisseau and E. Fonteneau, Exhaust Heat Recovery with Rankine pistone expander, ICE Powertrain Electrification & Energy Recovery, Rueil-Malmaison, 2013.
- Y. Glavatskaya, G. Olivier, P. Podevin, O.F. Shonda, Heat Recovery Systems within passenger cars, International Congress Automotive and environment CAR 2011, Pitesti, Romania.
- P. Leduc and P. Smague, Rankine System for Heat Recovery: an Interesting Way to Reduce Fuel Consumption, ICE Powertrain Electrification & Energy Recovery, Rueil-Malmaison, 2013.
- S. Quoilin, S. Declaye, A. Legros, L. Guillaume, V. Lemort, Working fluid selection and operating maps for Organic Rankine Cycle expansion machines, International Compressor Engineering Conference at Purdue, 2012.
- JP, Janssens, R. Cloudt, High Temperature Heat Exchanger for Rankine Cycle based Exhaust Waste Heat Recovery, ICE Powertrain Electrification & Energy Recovery, Rueil-Malmaison, 2013.
- D. Seher, T. Lengenfelder, J. Gerhardt, N, Eisenmenger, M. Hackner, I. Krinn, Waste Heat Recovery for Commercial Vehicles with a Rankine Process, 21st Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology 2012.
- N. Espinosa, L. Tilman, V. Lemort, S. Quoilin and B. Lombard, Rankine cycle for waste heat recovery on commercial truck: approach, constrain and modelling, Diesel International Conference and Exhibition, SIA, 2010.
- Woschni, G., A Universally Applicable Equation for the Instantaneous Heat Transfer Coefficient in the Internal Combustion Engine, SAE Technical Paper 670931, 1967
|BulTrans-2013, pp. 7-15, 2013, Bulgaria, ТУ - София, ISSN 1313-955X|
Full text of the publication