|Autors: Neznakomova, M. P., Todorov, N. D.|
Title: Materials with potentially bioactive properties - preparation and characteriztion of electrospun poly(vinyl alcohol)/beeswax fiber web
Keywords: nanofibers, electrospinning, beeswax, bilayer material
Abstract: Currently is observed a great interest in the use of bioactive natural products for modification and functionalization of fibers to produce antimicrobial protective medical textiles. One of the areas is related to the ability to obtain electrospun nanofibers with potential bioactive properties. The aim of this study was to produce and characterize nanofibers from an aqueous solution of poly (vinyl alcohol (PVA) and beeswax (BW). To investigate the possibility of obtaining nanofibers with addition of beeswax is done in two forms - as solution and micro emulsion. Beeswax has a rich chemical composition, a mixture of proteins, vitamins, trace elements, esters, fatty acids, carbohydrates, lipids. Itself smoothies and moisturizes the skin, helps in the treatment recovery of burned skin, slows aging and has antibacterial activity.
The fibers were produced in laboratory conditions with single nozzle spin-draw device.
- ALVES, M., JENSEN, B., SMITH, A. & ZELIKIN, A., 2011, Poly(vinyl alcohol) physical hydrogels: New vista on a long serving biomaterial, Macromolecular Bioscience, Volume 11, pp. 1293-1313
- ANDRADY, L., 2008, Science and Technology of Polymer Nanofibers, New Jersey, ohn Wiley & Sons
- HAGHI, A. & AKBARI, M., 2007, Trends in electrospinning of natural nanofibers, Physical status of Solids, Volume 204, pp. 1830–1834
- ENAWY, E., BOWLIN, G., MANSFIELD, K. & LAYMAN, J., 2002, Release of tetracycline hydrochloride from electrospun poly(ethylene-co-vinylacetate), poly(lactic acid), and a blend, Journal of controlled release, Volume , pp.
- LUKAS, A., SARKAR, L., MARTINOVA, A., VODSED’ALKOVA, K. & LUBASOVA, D., 2009, Physical principles of elctrospinning, Textile progress, Volume 41, pp.
- KOWALEWSKI, T., YARIN, A. & BŁOŃSKI, S., 2003, European Facility Management Conference, Toulouse, 2003, <Toulouse>,
- PHAM, Q., SHARMA, U. & MIKOS, A., 2006, lectrospun Poly(e-caprolactone) Microfiber and Multilayer Nanofiber/Microfiber Scaffolds: Characterization of Scaffolds and Measurement of Cellular Infiltration, Biomacromolecules, Volume 7, pp.
- RAMAKRISHNA, S., FUJIHARA, K., TEO, W., LIM, T. & Z. MA, Z., 2005, An introduction to electrospinning and nanofibres, Singapor, World Scientific publishing Co.
- ZHANG, C., YUAN, X., WU, L., HAN, Y. & SHENG, J., 2005, Study on morphology of electrospun poly(vinyl alcohol) mats, Journal of European Polymers, Volume 41, pp. 423-432
|23rd Congress of Chemists and Technologists of Macedonia/Book of Abstracts, vol. I, pp. 289, 2014, Macedonia, Johnson Matthey, ISBN 978-9989-668-99-9|
Full text of the publication