|Autors: Hadzhiev, I. S., Malamov, D. V., Kolev, N. D., Balabozov, I. S., Yatchev, I. S.|
Title: Thermal Diagnostics of a High Power Fuse with Thermovision Camera
Keywords: high-power fuse, contact resistances, experimental setup, th
Abstract: This paper presents a study of the heating of a high-power low-voltage fuse by means of a thermal imaging camera. An experimental setup has been developed for the purpose of the study. The tests have been conducted at rated and higher current loads for the fuse-link, as well as at normal and increased contact resistances between the knife contacts and the base of the fuse. Results are given for the temperature distribution along the surface of the knife contacts and the fuse body in transient thermal mode of the fuse. The influence of the current and the contact resistance on the fuse heating and its actuation time has also been considered.
- H. Farahani and M. Sabaghi, “Analysis of current harmonic on power system fuses using ANSYS,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 5, № 3, 2012.
- A. Plesca, “Thermal analysis of the fuse with unequal links using finite element method,” International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering, vol. 6, № 12, 2012.
- A. Plesca, “Temperature Distribution of HBC Fuses with Asymmetric Electric Current Ratios Through Fuselinks,” Energies, vol. 11, № 8, 2018.
- M. Szulborski, S. Łapczynski, Ł. Kolimas, Ł. Kozarek, D. D. Rasolomampionona, T. Zelazinski, A. Smolarczyk, “Transient Thermal Analysis of NH000 gG 100A Fuse Link Employing Finite Element Method,” Energies, vol. 14, № 5, 2021.
- R. Tzeneva, Y. Slavtchev and V. Mateev, “Modeling of thermal field of electrical fuses for domestic application,” Proceeding of Technical University of Sofia, vol. 64, Issue 4, 2014, pp. 105-112.
- G. Todorov, K. Kamberov, “EV fuse design cost reduction based on thermal-electric conduction analyses,” Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, vol. 21, 2020.
- I. Hadzhiev, D. Malamov, I. Balabozov and I. Yatchev, “Experimental and Numerical Analysis of the Thermal Field in a High Power Low Voltage Fuse,” 16th Conference on Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems (ELMA), Varna, Bulgaria, 2019, pp.1-5.
|International Conference on Electrical, Computer, Communications and Mechatronics Engineering, ICECCME 2022, pp. 1-4, 2022, Maldives, DOI 10.1109/ICECCME55909.2022.9988120|