|Autors: Stoyanov, T. M., Spaspv, R. L., Rizov, P. M.|
Title: Power transformers supplied by non-sinusoidal voltages or supplying non-linear loads- problems and solutions
Keywords: power transformers, non-sinusoidal voltages, supplying non-l
Abstract: This article aims to present the power transformers supplied by non-sinusoidal voltages or supplying non-linear loads. A number of factors determine the use of such transformers- the continuous increase of photovoltaic power station, the number of non-linear loads in our homes and industry has also grown significantly over the last decade. On the other hand, more and more consumers need a stable and sinusoidal supply voltage. All these factors pose a number of problems to be solved and affect the operation of the power transformers. The article present the types of non-sinusoidal loads and their influence on the operation of the transformer- increasing the losses and the temperature of the transformer. The types of transformers according to the type of load are presented. Various solutions (with their advantages and disadvantages) to reduce the impact of non-sinusoidal voltages or supplying non-linear loads.
- S. Agah, H. Abyaneh, Distribution transformer loss-of-life reduction by increasing penetration of distributed generation, 2011, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260577447_Distribution_Transformer_Loss-of Life_Reduction_by_Increasing_Penetration _of_Distributed_Generation.
- O. Gouda, G. Amer, W. Salem, A Study of k-factor power transformer characteristics by modeling simulation, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/265028540_A_Study_of_K-Factor_Power_Transformer_Characteristics_by_Modeling_Simulation/figures, 2011.
- I. Henidaq, G. Mahmoud, A. Daoud, H. E. Zarzoura, Feasibility Analysis for power transformer expectancy and loss of life “A practical case study in egyptian electricity transmission company”, Port said engineering research journal, 2014.
- M.Kanálik, A.Margitová, J.Urbanský, Calculation of power transformer losses due to harmonic current flow, The 10th International Scientific Symposium ELEKTROENERGETIKA 2019.
- D. Koeva, S. Rachev, L. Dimitrov, Analysis of the power transformer operation supplying a combined non-linear load in the public sector - part I - characteristics in the case of supplying non-linear loads (in Bulgarian), 2019, http://www.n9e-bg.org/UPLOADS/conf/EF2019/Articles/2019_2-6.pdf.
- I. Pentegov, V. Sydoret , S. Rymar, I. Volkov, M. Levin, A. Hoevenaars, Features of calculation of K- and KR-factors of distribution transformers and transformers of devices of converter equipment, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/314669571_ Osobennosti _rasceta_ K-_i_KR-faktorov_raspredelitelnyh_ transformatorov_i_transformatorov_ustrojstv_preobrazovatelnoj_tehniki_Features_of_calculation_of_K-_and_KR-factors_of_distribution_ transformers_an, 2003 (in Russian).
- A. Shklyarskiy, A Bardanov, Test of the method for calculation of derating of workshop transformers on engineering plan9, 2016, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/177/1/012054/pdf.
- L. Stoyanov, Z. Zarkov, I. Draganovska, V. Lazarov, Methods for energy production estimation from photovoltaic plant: review and application, International Conference on High Technology for Sustainable Development (HiTech), 2018, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329565464_Methods_for_Energy_Production_Estimation_from_Photovoltaic_Plant_Review_and_Application.
- M. Taci, M. Sarul, Investigation of a sinusoidaly supplied transformer under linear and non-linear loading conditions, TENCON 2008 - 2008 IEEE Region 10 Conference.
- P. Tandeaw, C. Manop, N. Jirasuwankul, Design and testing of low loss distribution transformer for non-linear loading current, International Electrical Engineering Congress (iEECON), 2018.
- Z. Zarkov, V. Milenov, I. Bachev, B. Demirkov, Grid connected PV systems with single-phase inverter, 11th Electrical Engineering Faculty Conference (BulEF), 2019, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 339903989_Grid_connected_PV_systems_with_single-phase_inverter.
|14th Electrical Engineering Faculty Conference, BulEF 2022, 2022, Bulgaria, |
Full text of the publication