|Autors: Terneva, Z. A., Nenova, M. V., v A Terneva., Vladimirov, I. H., Nikolova, D. V.|
Title: Cyberattack types - methods and technics for protection of communication resources
Keywords: cyberattacks, hackers, security, protection, vulnerabilities, penetration testing
Abstract: The paper is focused on analysis of the main types of cyberattacks and how this can help with ethical hacking. Instead of the analysis performed for some of those attacks will be proposed a technique and specifics of algorithms for protection against them. The paper will present how ethical hacking can be implemented as a part of test process for hardware or software. Also which of the malicious actions can be successfully used in smart homes. This is becoming increasingly relevant and important for the daily live of the ordinary people.
- N. Munaiah, J. Pelletier, S. Su, J. Yang and A. Meneely, "A Cybersecurity Dataset Derived from the National Collegiate Penetration Testing Competition", Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January 2019.
- S. Hashemi and M. Zarei, "Internet of Things backdoors: resource management issues security challenges and detection methods" in Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Wiley Online Library, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. e4142, 2021.
- W. G. Halfond, J. Viegas and A. Orso, "A classification of SQL-injection attacks and countermeasures", Proceedings of the IEEE international symposium on secure software engineering, vol. 1, pp. 13-15, 2006.
- Z. Terneva, I. Vladimirov and D. Nikolova, "Accessing LinkedIn and Google E-mail Databases Using Kali Linux and The Harvester", 56th ICEST Conference, 2021.
- M. Velev, "Penetration testing and information security", Pragmatic lectures, 2019, [online] Available: https://pragmatic.bg/all-courses/.
- H. H. Thompson, "Application penetration testing" in IEEE Security & Privacy, Springer, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 66-69, Jan.-Feb. 2005, ISBN 978-3-319-55605-5.
- J. Kizza, Guide to Computer Network Security, Springer, 2017, ISBN 978–3-319-55605-5.
- L. Nikolov and V. Slavyanov, "Network Infrastructure For Sybersecurity Analysis", Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “Defense Technologies” Faculty of Artillery Air Defense and Communication and Information Systems, October 2018.
- A. -N. Moldovan and I. Ghergulescu, "Leveraging Virtual Labs for Personalised Group-based Assessment in a Postgraduate Network Security and Penetration Testing Module", 15th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization, 2020.
- IT Security Training Labs & Courses, April 2022, [online] Available: https://www.virtualhackinglabs.com/.
- Academic Requirements for Designation as a CAE in Cyber Operations Fundamental, 2020, [online] Available: https://www.nsa.gov/Resources/Students-Educators/centers-academic-excellence/cae-co-fundamental/requirements/.
- T. OConnor and C. Stricklan, "Teaching a Hands-On Mobile and Wireless Cybersecurity Course", 56th ICEST Conference, 2021.
- C. Weissman, "Security penetration testing guideline" in Center for Secure Information Technology, US:Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), 1993.
- M. Denis, C. Zena and T. Hayajneh, "Penetration testing: Concepts attack methods and defense strategies", IEEE Long Island Systems Applications and Technology Conference (LIS Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “Defense Technologies.
- "Air Defense and Communication and Information Systems Proceedings of International Scientific Conference", Defense Technologies.
- "Faculty of Artillery", Air Defense and Communication and Information SystemsAT), 2016.
- G. A. Abdalrahman and H. Varol, "Defending Against Cyber-Attacks on the Internet of Things", 7th International Symposium on Digital Forensics and Security (ISDFS), 2019.
|ICEST, issue 57, 2022, Macedonia, IEEE, DOI 10.1109/ICEST55168.2022.9828665|
Full text of the publication